If you have toddlers and are looking for a villa stay with breakfast on the beach on the greek islands, Golden Beach Hotel & Apartments Tinos is ideal! It’s situated on a lush estate right on Agios Fokas beach. It has its own beach bar, an organized sandy beach, an amazing restaurant and great spaces. It features a two floor hotel with spacious rooms and apartments, as well as private apartments with their own green yards. All are built in the traditional cycladic style, whitewashed with blue doors and drenched in bougainvilleas.
Click to enlarge:
Golden Beach Hotel & Apartments Tinos is super family friendly
- Τhe apartments are spacious and usually have an extra room for the kids
- They have a furnished kitchenette
- There are cribs available, as well as high chairs in the restaurants, which you can take in your villa if you want
- Both the ground floor hotel apartments and the villas have verandas, patios and yards
- Most rooms are on the ground floor and accessible
- There is a playground
- The Kuzina restaurant and the GB Deck have a mind blowing cuisine, so you won’t have to drive or walk miles to the nearest tavern
- Golden Beach Hotel & Apartments Tinos has its own beach. It’s sandy, shallow, there are cool sun beds with straw umbrellas and the service is great
- It is located on a large, lush estate with boucamvilles, palm trees and olive trees, as well as a farm which cultivates vegetables used in the kitchen. There are also a horse, a peacock and kittens around, lots of green yards and flowers!
And that’s everything a parent of toddlers can ask for, if you ask me…
Tinos island is like 2 hours away by ferry from Rafina port. It’s a pretty easy ride, even with 20 mo twin boys. Golden Beach Hotel & Apartments Tinos is a 5 minutes drive from Chora and the port of Tinos and pretty close to the airport, too. The hotel offers a shuttle service too.
Food & Drinks
Golden Beach Hotel & Apartments Tinos has its own restaurant. It’s call Kuzina and serves local dishes and Mediterranean creations with a twist (fish, pasta, meat, salads), all prepared with fresh ingredients from the farm. Kuzina restaurant is also where breakfast is served and it’s a lovely open area with great shadow, minimal but warm decor and friendly staff.
Across the street, it’s the hotel’s beach and BG Deck, a snack bar right behind the sunbeds, serving drinks, coffee, snacks (salads, burgers, sandwiches) and desserts, as well as the Kuzina menu, upon request. You can enjoy your food either on the deck or your sunbeds.
Apartments and villas are also equipped with a furnished kitchenette, with a microwave oven, big fridge and cutlery, so you can definitely enjoy some meals here on your dining table or your patio.
Of course, if you are craving something else, you can drive to Chora (look for “Itan ena mikro karavi, it’s amazing and totally baby friendly) or walk along the beach of Agios Fokas and choose one of the taverns/restaurants near the hotel.
Where to swim
On the beach right in front of the hotel of course. You just cross the street and you find yourself with feet in the sand. It is actually the famous Agios Fokas beach, on the south of the island, which means that the strong north winds won’t bother you and there won’t be waves. The water is shallow and pristine. There are comfortable lounge chairs on the beach and right above, GB Deck is located, serving drinks, coffee and snacks. You can also enjoy all meals here.
If it’s too windy, Kionia beach is said to be the most protected. It’s just a 15 minute drive, right after Chora.
* The article is written based on our complimentary stay, we just got back 2 days ago! All opinions are of course my own.