We love our city and we experience it the best and most we can. And it’s not fair to recommend things to do and ways to have fun in Athens with kids, without also recommending a family friendly stay.
So I looked hard and waited long enough, but I finally found it!
About COLORS Hotel Athens
COLORS Hotel Athens opened its doors for the first time in the summer of 2021 in the center of Athens. It’s the youngest sibling of a large family of colorful urban hotels in the center of Greece’s second largest city, Thessaloniki, them being the famous COLORS Ladadika Central, COLORS Thessaloniki Living and COLORS Urban Hotel.
Colors Athens is situated right at Emmanouil Benaki str., steps away from Akademias avenue, hence within walking distance from the 3 emblematic builiding of Athens, Academia, Library and University. Kolonaki neighborhood is also close by and perfect for boutique shopping, while the top book shops, even the historical center are also minutes away.
It’s a vibrant playful hotel with amazing decor, smart design and you’ll find yourself posing in every corner!
What makes Colors Athens a family friendly hotel
1. Its location. It’s right downtown, which means you can go literally everywhere on foot or by public transport.
2. There’s parking 3 minutes walk away
3. Breakfast is delicious, with many options and lovely ideas for every dietary need
4. There are high chairs
5. And travel cots
6. And baby bath tubs even for newborns
7. All rooms for 3-5 people are smartly designed to achieve this separate togetherness both parents and kids crave for in a hotel room. Some kids beds are in attics or nests, there are clever bunk beds perfect for fooling around and enough space for everyone
8. There are meals, finger food for now, that you can enjoy at the restaurant downstairs or order in room service
9. Kids up to 3 years old stay for free
10. There is a bar! With perfect cocktails that you can enjoy in your room or at the lobby, while the kids are playing or asleep
11. I aslo recommend the kids go out exploring with dad, while mom is enjoying an in-room massage!
12. There are toys for kids over 4 years old
Things to do while here
The choices are literally limitless. Other than the family oriented options you’ll find in the article above, make sure to ask the experience concierge of Colors Hotel Athens to give you ideas. They can even book a sailing trip for you…
So at your next/first trip to Athens, you know where to wake up at!