Daphne’s Club Hotel Apartments is a cozy haven for families with toddlers, steps away from Xylokastro beach and a lovely pine forest. We spent a quiet and relaxed long weekend there, enjoying ourselves and each other’s company, meeting other like-minded parents and watching our 20 month old twins playing at the most baby proofed place you can think of!
I can’t stress out how important it is to stay at toddler oriented hotels:
1. They understand us
2. They got books and toys for us
3. We don’t have to pack all our baby accessories
4. It’s baby proofed in and out
5. We can actually sit and enjoy
6. We meet other parents to hang out with!
But let me be specific…
Daphne’s Club Hotel Apartments Location
Daphne’s Club Hotel Apartments is situated in the town of Xylokastro, 1,5 hours drive away from Athens. It’s on the alley that leads to Sykia beach. Which means that in 2 minutes you can be from your apartment inside the water! Unless of course you are walking with 20 mo twins, in which case it can take you around 10 minutes with all the distractions (kitties, kiddos, pebbles, plants, bees, doors etc.) Another 2 minutes walk, and you are inside the Pefkias pine forest, the pride of Xylokastro beachfront.
About The Hotel
Daphne’s Club Hotel Apartments is a two floors hotel with just 11 apartments. The ground floor is where the baby proofed living area is at. It is equipped with a bar, music instruments and a sitting area with mattresses. This is where breakfast is served, since it opens up to the patio and garden, next to the play area.
4 steps up is the library and playroom, right opposite the reception. Here you can also find the toilets, one of which is perfectly equipped for babies.
The play area is ideal for kids under 8. There is also a bicycle rental room. The rooftop is perfect for drinks with a view, ideal for yoga mats and relaxation.
There are 11 apartments in Daphne’s. 3 of which are big enough for a family of 4, with living area, fully equipped kitchen, separate bedroom and bathroom, as well as a huge veranda. We stayed at suite Iris.
There are 3 larger apartments with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
As well as 5 spacious and overly cute studios.
All rooms are equipped with a kitchen and dining area and they all have a veranda or patio.
Some are on the ground floor, and their patio is connected with the garden and the play area. Magic!
Why is Daphne’s so toddler friendly
- Upon reservation, we received a questionnaire where we requested baby equipment: travel cots, bathtub, changing table, eating seats, as well as toddler cutlery. You can ask anything you want, including a breastfeeding pillow!
- Τhere is an inside play area, with toys organized by age or type, including blocks, crayons, stuffed animals, board games etc.
- There is a library with books for all ages and in at least 3 languages (Greek, English, Russian).
- The place is totally baby proofed. As for your apartment, I promise you it’s minimal and you can also request plug covers.
- There are baby seats. Everywhere.
- The playground!
- You can rent bicycles for all ages, as well as adult bicycles with baby seats.
- Τhe staff is on the know and pretty empathetic… They feel the parents’ need for some downtime and are willing to distract your kids and play with them!
Where to Eat & Drink
Fruits, cereals, nuts, freshly made bundt, croissant, spreads (honey, homemade jam), milk, juice, coffee are all served every morning.
You can order a snack from Daphne (toast, crepes etc.), but you can also have food delivered here. We enjoyed some nice souvlaki at our veranda as well as the garden downstairs.
There are of course taverns at a walking distance, but none is equipped with baby seats. But if your kids are older (or you only got one and you don’t mind feeding him on your lap), you can ask at the reception desk to be recommended some taverns based on your preferences.
You can ask Daphne or Evangellia for your favorite coffee or drink. Try the local beer here too!
But if you’re up for some walking, I totally recommend to stroll through Pefkias pine forest all the way to the beach bars, and enjoy your coffee, drinks, snack, lunch, sunbath and sand castles at “Summer” or “BayBeez”!
Things to Do around Daphne’s
- Stroll through Pefkias pine forest. Our twins napped, we discovered new beach territory and enjoyed our drinks, gelato or coffee at “Summer”.
- Visit the poet’s Sikelianos mansion (3 minutes walk). There is even a restaurant here.
- Stroll along the beach front at Xylokastro town (the pathway begins right outside the hotel).
- If you feel like it and/or have an older kid, you can visit the Stymfalia Environment Museum (1 hour drive).
- Visit the play area Mabakita, at Melissi (6 minutes drive).
- Go play at Mare West sea front playground in Korinth (30-40 minutes drive).
- Visit the Natural playground at Physicon (35 minutes drive)
- Drive to the Monastery of Panagia Korfi (35 minutes drive).
* This review was based on our complimentary stay at Daphne’s Club Hotel Apartments. All opinions are of course my own.